Are You Playing Your Part And Staying At Home?
Millions and millions of people around the world have found themselves in a situation that they never imagined being in. Having to stay at home with options in regards to fitness very limited. Gyms are closed. Beaches are closed. Parks are closed. Schools are closed. Athletic leagues are cancelled or postponed. We can’t even get a release through WATCHING athletics because everything is shut down! That leaves millions of us needing an outlet to be physically active but without the knowledge of exactly how to go about it.
What Exercise Options Do You Have At Home?
You can go outside for a walk, a jog, a swim if you have a pool – these are all excellent and highly recommended ways of maintaining your fitness level and sanity while practicing social distancing. If you’re one of the lucky ones to have an at-home gym set-up then more power to you, use it. Most of us, however, are simply left with our body weight, maybe one or two sets of dumbbells and some open space in our homes or yards. That is PLENTY to get a great workout and feel as if you spent your normal hour at the gym. You just have to know what to do to achieve those results. That’s where having a knowledge of a variety of exercises comes into play. This knowledge will be very advantageous for the millions having to stay home.
Here Are Some Stretches And Exercises You Can Try Today!
The following video includes a series of stretches and exercises that you can perform in the comfort of your own home. Give them a shot!
- Hip Flexor & Hamstring Combination Stretch: 4 x 30″ holds for each
- Latissimus Stretching: 4 x 30″ holds for each
- Piriformis Stretching: 4 x 30″ holds for each
- Pectoral Stretching: 4 x 30″ holds for each
- Biceps Stretching: 4 x 30″ holds for each
- Push-Up with Reach: 2 x 10 reps each arm
- Plank with Hip Extension: 2 x 10 reps each leg
- Side-Plank with Hip Abduction: 2 x 10 reps each leg
- Chair Squat with Heel Raises: 3 x 10 reps
- Bridging with Marching: 3″ holds each rep 2 x 10 reps each leg